Friday, May 27, 2011

Book 2: Themed Drink

According to Water for Elephants, elephants love gin! Who knew? And I love gin too. Kt and I both enjoy gin and tonics (and her in-laws are also huge fans of that cocktail).

 
But the rest of the girls in the book club are not gin and tonics drinkers. I wonder if we try the cocktail the elephant Rosie loves, would we all like it too? Gin and Ginger Ale.

 
Here are some gin cocktail recipes we might have to try:

 
Gin Buck
  • 1.5 oz. Gin
  • 5 oz. Ginger Ale
  • .5 oz. Lemon or Lime Juice
Gin Gimlet
  • 2 oz. Gin
  • .5 oz. Lime Juice
  • .5 oz. Simple Syrup
  • Lime Wedge
Bee Knees
  • 2 oz. Gin
  • .75 oz. Honey
  • .5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
Salty Dog
  • 5 oz. Grapefruit juice
  • 1.5 oz. Gin
  • .25 tsp. Salt
Negroni
  • 1 oz. Gin
  • 1 oz. Campari
  • 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
  • Twist Lemon Zest
I think in terms of drinking with the theme of the book, anything with ginger and lemon work nicely with the storyline.

I'm am going to have to test taste a Gin and Ginger Ale and a Gin Buck soon. Unfortunately, I do not normally keep Ginger Ale in the house.

A review of a Gin Buck says it's the perfect summer drink - cool, citrusy, tart, a bit of spice. It's fizzier than a gin gimlet, and sweeter that a straight gin and tonic. Mmm. Sounds good to me!

1 comment: